Hand embroidered Hmong blend of ORGANIC SILK and COTTON
Handmade with LOVE
In the past, when people around the world lived more self-sufficiently, it was essential for skills and knowledge to be passed on to the next generation. For example, fabric weaving, batik writing and jewelry making. However, today many ancient skills are being lost around the world because young people do not see them as necessary or valuable – It’s simply easier and more time-efficient to buy machine made products.
We at GAIA Handmade Fabrics by buying those products directly from ethnic minorities we would like to encourage handicraft to be part of modern culture.
Everything about our cushions is handmade, the hand spun, hand woven cotton, hemp or silk, the screen print, KAPOK or BUCKWEAT HUSK stuffing was inserted in to our pillows by us by hand in our living room ;)
We work with skilled embroiderers from Hmong villages across Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, by buying handmade ethnic craft YOU are helping to bring income to these families whilst keeping their crafts alive.
Buckwheat hulls are an all-natural option that’s safe for both you and the environment.
The hulls are compostable, which helps to reduce unnecessary waste in our landfills and keeps our soil healthy and nutrient rich for future generations.
Buckwheat pillow’s properties:
- Cooling ability – is due to the breathable nature of buckwheat hull fill. The unique shape of the individual buckwheat hulls inside the pillow allows air to flow more freely through the pillow, aiding the evaporation of that moisture. The evaporation produces a cooling effect similar to a fan’s.
- Superior support – a buckwheat pillow’s adjustable loft provides ideal support for everyone regardless of body type or sleep position.
I am more than happy to ship worldwide - before placing your order please contact me to confirm the price of postage to your country.
Buyer is fully responsible for all the CUSTOMS and TRANSIT charges.
For UK customers
We use MYHERMES courier.
All items in transit are:
- FULLY COVERED (up to the value of the item)
- MYHERMES will make 3 attempts to deliver
- SIGNATURE - This service requires a person at the intended destination to sign for the package upon delivery. Courier will NOT leave a shipment at the door without the in-person signature.
If you wish to place a big order please contact us directly to quote the best shipping price.
Returns & exchanges:
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 30 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
• Custom or personalised orders
• Items on sale
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.